Studio Gear Holiday Smokey Palette | Swatch and Review

Monday, December 9, 2013



A while ago I received an invite to join BrandBacker. It's a site where a blogger can join campaigns designed on advertising a product. It took several months before there was a campaign that actually suited me.

I received this pallet from Studio Gear to review, and show you guys. It's a beautiful collection of shimmery shadows, and a blush; perfect for a smokey look (hence the name; Holiday Smokey Palette).

Keep reading for a review. All opinions are my own, but you guys know that.


They're not as opaque as some eyeshadows out there, but for someone like me, who is a big chicken when it comes to makeup, this is perfect. I do with Glimmer was more pigmented, as it is my favorite color out of the set. Below is a picture of the colors swatched. I used a brush to swatch, and had a slight issue building the color up, even though I did notice that other bloggers had no issue.

I did notice that I had some fallout when it came to Frost, but the others were fine.

Snowy Glow is a nice blush color, and gives off a slight rose tint. The glitter isn't too noticeable after it's applied, and it's easily blendable. Platinum lives up to its name I would describe it as a metallic silver, and is the most opaque of the bunch. Coal is black with gold glitter scattered in it, which isn't easily noticeable to the naked eye (but wow does it show up on camera), and is the most sheer of the bunch. Glimmer is a shimmery gold, while Frost is a shimmery white. Great for highlighting.


The pallet comes with a mini tutorial on how to apply the colors to achieve a smokey look using the colors provided. However, my favorite way to use this pallet is to put my Maybelline Color Tattoo all over the lid, then apply Glimmer on the outer corner, and if I'm in the mood; lightly apply Coal to the crease.

I thought that they wore quite well, and were very easy to work with. I find myself reaching for this pallet more than my Avon one that I've been using. I really like it, and it's not a product that I would normally reach for.

The Studio Gear Holiday Smokey Palette normally retails for $40, but is on sale at a special introductory price of $25. Add that on with a 10% off your entire order (Code: SGHOLIDAY. I believe there is no expiration date at the moment), and you have yourself a lovely little holiday deal =) It is available online at studiogearcosmetics.com.

This pallet was sent to me through BrandBacker, and as always all opinions are my own.

No comments :

Post a Comment