Oakley Deviation

Sunday, December 22, 2013


Oakley Deviation
Oakley Deviation in Brown Camo

A bit of a switch up today, since sunglasses aren't a normal topic around here. Sometimes change is nice. I'm also posting on a Sunday. That usually doesn't happen. Newness abound!

Last year I purchased my Oakley Miss Conduct sunglasses from the local outlet store. It was the first pair of good sunglasses that I had ever bought, and also the first pair that I didn't lose. Well, not thinking about the sunglasses, I wore them in the pool over the summer. The chlorine basically ruined the lenses, making it difficult to see out of them.

About 2 years ago I had an eye infection where everything was too bright. I couldn't go outside, and the day I went to the doctor I stayed in the dark bathroom with the light off until my appointment. Even after the infection was gone I still have light sensitivity, making it necessary for me to have sunglasses. I don't like big sunglasses, but I need my eyes to be completely covered.

I didn't want to purchase new glasses, I actually went in seeing if they could replace the lens of mine. Sadly they couldn't.

They were, however, having a friends and family promo where everything in the store was 25% off. Spencer saw these in a display case near the discount wall, and told me to try them out. I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg, but I needed something. I don't remember what the tag said, but the receipt says that they come out to be $39.14 after tax, and the promotion was added. Not bad at all.


Oakley Deviation

Oakley Deviation

They are men's sunglasses, but I don't really care. The women's sunglasses on the discounted wall made me look bug eyed, and then the ones that I liked were too heavy. The only thing I'm bummed out about is that the men's don't come with a case, but my old white one works anyways (plus I have a hard case, so it's not a big deal).

I really do like them. The frame is lightweight, and fits comfortably on my face. My nose, and ears do not hurt after wearing them for long periods of time.

The only major complaint is that the rubber bits get caught in my hair if I'm wearing them on my head, but since they are men's, that doesn't really surprise me. If they're on my face, it's fine. I just have to careful with them.

I like them. Not quite as much as my old pair, but I couldn't get those on a sale like I did last time, and they're $200 on their own. Not really in the budget right now. Spencer likes them though, and will steal them off my face if it's not too bright out and try them on. He's strange sometimes.


Do you stick to one pair of sunglasses at a time, or do you have several?

No comments :

Post a Comment