Skincare Medley

Thursday, May 23, 2013


skincare

I haven't made a skincare post in over a year, and it's changed quite a lot since then. I've cut a few things out, and decided that less is more. My skin has gone from straight up oily to combination. Skincare is something that I honestly don't mind spending the money on. I've tried countless cleansers, and I hate to say it, but it's the more expensive ones that work for me.

My skin is finicky, and likes it when I switch up the products. Talk about annoying. What works for one month, will probably not work for the next one. I do have a problem with acne, I'm not going to lie. I've had it since middle school, and while it's not severe (it's actually quite mild), it's still annoying.

My current routine consists of my exfoliating cleanser from Mark. I wont be using this one for too much long, I haven't seen it in the catalogs for several months, and I think they discontinued it. It lathers up, but without drying my skin out too much. I do feel tightness, but by the time I apply the toner, the tightness is gone.

The newest purchase, Origins Checks and Balances is one that I bought on a whim. I walked into Dillards with mild curiosity; thinking about the rave reviews this brand has been getting in the blogging community. It was this product that made me realize that I was dealing with both oily, and dry areas. I figured, why not? I love trying out new skincare items, and the scent is amazing. I love spearmint, but I was nervous when I first put it on. My last experience with spearmint didn't go too well. I was using a mask (Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque) and it caused some pretty bad breakouts. But so far so good, I've only been using it for a few days, but I'll get back you on my final thoughts.

skincare


Confession time: I skip the toner step 90% of the time (like my made up statistic?). I'm trying to incorporate it more into my skincare routine. My skin still feels tight from the first cleanser, and it's in desperate need of hydration. A few pumps of the Boots No7 Beautifully Balanced Purifying Toner fixes that. Also, when searching for it online, I see that they no longer have it (Target and Ulta). Oh joy, yet another thing I'll be searching for soon. It's at the point that whenever anything Boots goes on sale I repurchase items because they're probably being discontinued (at least at Target).

Lastly my moisturizer. I currently use the Boots No7 Beautiful Skin Night Cream for Normal/Oily. I use it in the morning, and at night (shhhh, it's a secret).

One thing I do not do is an eye cream. I do have dark circles (genetics, of course). I really have no idea what to get. I have it set in my mind that a lot of eye creams and serums are gimmicks. I don't even know how I got in that mindset.

So, for now this is what I'm using. Have any toner, exfoliating cleanser, oil-free moisturizer, or anything really that you want to recommend me trying? I'm pretty open to anything, as long as it's not super super expensive. I do have my limits, but I'm willing to expand them for skincare. It is, after all, probably the most important thing since it's the physical me. Wait, what? What am I even saying? I don't know, the idea was there, but the delivery failed.

Oh goodness, I think the spearmint is going to my head. If you have anything you want to recommend, let me know. I'm also trying to be more active on Instagram. I've given up on FB. 

Toodles!


No comments :

Post a Comment