Julep Instant Warming Foot Scrub | NotReallyAReview

Tuesday, March 5, 2013





Claims that it's a foot scrub that warms up on contact.

It's a scrub, you know, like a normal scrub. It does the job and does it well. That's not the part that I wanted to review. This is going to be a brief review, but it's not really a review. I mainly wanted to talk about the warming part of this scrub and share my thoughts.

It doesn't warm on contact, like the back of the bottle claims. It does warm up when it's rubbed into the skin. Now, this warming is a weird sensation. I didn't feel it so much on my foot as I did on my hands, and the warming sensation only lasted for a few seconds. Not very long. The sensation is similar to the water being a bit too hot. It doesn't burn or hurt, is basically what I'm trying to get at, but warm is a bit of an understatement. Especially that first time it's used. I was shocked when I first tried it out. I wasn't expecting it to be so warm.

The smell is amazing. It's that spa smell of cucumber mint, the one I love.

It's really expensive. I don't know why Julep's products cost so much. It bugs me, because I want it to be more affordable. I don't want to say they're not worth the money, but in a way, I feel like the money could be used on something similar for less. I guess it's personal preference.

Overall, I like it, but I wouldn't run out to get it. I got in a Maven box, and I'm glad I was able to try it. It's so different.


No comments :

Post a Comment