Kiss Nail Dress | Review

Saturday, January 12, 2013


Kiss Nail Dress

Kiss Nail Dress

Kiss Nail Dress

Kiss Nail Dress

Another product I received from Influenster. If you haven't signed up yet, I highly recommend the program. It's at no cost to you, and all you have to do is try the products out, and give feed back at the end. The blog posts are optional.

Kiss Nail DressThese are the Kiss Nail Dress strips. These are different than the Sally Hansen strips you're probably used to. The way they're packaged is in a plastic wrapper, on a plastic sheet. There also isn't any plastic on top of the strips unless you get one with rhinestones. I'm not even 100% sure if they're made with real polish, so you may not have to worry about them drying out. You can't save them like the SH ones, the strips are much shorter. Finding the correct size is actually quite easy. I used only one of the plastic sheets for both hands, and I ended up cutting the ring and pinky finger of one hand down to size. At first glance, removing the strips from the plastic sheet looks hard, but it's actually quite easy. The issues I had was filling the strips down. They kept catching on everything, and I had issues evening them down. It also wasn't as easy to smooth down the top, and the tips began to wrinkle. With the SH ones, you can just rub them out, but these I couldn't get them to cooperate. They are easy to use on the toes, and are very versatile. Just flip sides, and you're good to go.

Shade shown here is KDS10
------------------------

After 3 days

Kiss Nail Dress

Kiss Nail Dress

Kiss Nail Dress

Kiss Nail Dress

I did put a top coat on top, to see how it would hold up and if it would help. I actually got bored at work, and began scraping the top coat off my left pointer finger. When I removed the strips I also saw that the top coat didn't stick to the strips completely.

I know these don't require nail polish remover, and just peel right off, but I decided to try the remover out anyways. The picture directly above is the result. The color came off, but the adhesive did not. They were easy to remove, but the strips did leave my nails slightly sticky.

Overall, I was pleased. In the beginning I was extremely frustrated with them when I couldn't smooth out the edges, but after the first day, they seemed to flatten themselves out. There were a few instances when I had to break out the file to smooth them out again, but it wasn't too bad. The big thing to remember is that these aren't like the Sally Hansen strips, and to not expect the same results. Like I said, I don't think they're made of nail polish, or at least not completely.


No comments :

Post a Comment