Acne Systems- Why don't they work (opinion)

Wednesday, April 25, 2012


This is something that I've been thinking about. Why don't systems work? Are they a gimic? No, I don't think so. I think the companies are legit in their attempts to tackle the age old issue of acne. Maybe they're not strong enough? Closer. While they are considered fairly tough, they can't be too strong or  one would need to go to a dermatologist, and get a prescription. Perhaps it just didn't fit my actual issue? There we go! These systems don't always tackle the users personal issue.

I'll be honest, it took me a while to figure this simple concept out. I've used most of the systems listed above throughout my teen years. My experience: I can tell if something is going to work after one day of use. Everything just looks nicer. These are what I used when I was in high school: Proactive only kind of worked, it slowed it down, but didn't eliminate anything. Clinique did the same, but better. Too expensive for my little high school self. Clearasil did nothing. I repeat, NOTHING. Same with Clean and Clear. Now, that leaves skiniD. I think this one would work. Why? Because it tackles your individual issues. I've never tried it, so don't take my word on that. This doesn't mean these systems don't work. They have worked for some people, but not everyone reacts to the same products in the same way. Only way you'll know is if you try it.

If you've exhausted your options, or don't want to use any of the 3 step systems, you can customize your own. First step is to figure out what is causing your acne. For me, it's excess oil. What do you do? Tackle the oil! Here is what I use:


Almost all Avon... Hmm... My mom is an Avon rep, explains that one! Use what you have access to. It may seem like a lot, but they all have a specific purpose.

My issue: Excessive Oil!!
First off; I use mark. Shine Fighter. It's in the back. It's an Oil-Control Mask. This one is the key in my personal system. I use it 3 times a week, and it somehow keeps the oil at bay without drying my face out. Really important to me. 
Second: Clearskin Blemish Clearing. I rub it into my skin until it foams, and wash it off. It's a simple cleanser, and it's meant to target acne. 
Third: Boots Cleansing Milk (found at Target for American folk like me). This is a second cleanser I use, and it feels so nice!  I apply it all over my face with my fingers, leave it on for a minute or how ever long it takes me to get a cotton pad, wipe almost all of it off, and then I rub the rest into my skin.  I like to use a second cleanser to clean my skin even more, and a milk cleanser doesn't have all the harsh chemicals and soaps that a foaming cleanser does, so it isn't as harsh as using a stronger one. So much better for my skin!
Fourth: mark. Get Treatment. This targets blemishes, and dries them out. 
Fifth: Either Aveeno Positively Radiant or mark. Matte Chance. Aveeno during the day, mark. at night. Aveeno has an spf, and moisturizes my skin. mark. controls the oil on my face while I sleep, which also helps (container is sooo bad!!!!!).
These are the products I have tried and what works for me. So, my tips:

  1. Target your problem, and what is causing your acne; Stress, oil, diet, etc.
  2. Find products that target your specific problem. Oil; remove products that have oil in it from your skin care/make up routine! Or as much as you can. Strees; meditate? Definitely try to relieve some stress. Diet; eat good food, to put it bluntly. Check this site for more info: Click Me!
  3. Keep up with the routine! Even when it seems that you are healed and free, don't stop! It will return if you stop.
  4. Love your face. Ance or not, love it.
These are my tips. Tips on skin care from a nail blogger.. Take is as you will, but this is what I know, and I thought I would share it with you. Hope it helps someone, and toodles!


No comments :

Post a Comment